Why Maternity Photography?
So, you’re at the beginning of your pregnancy and you’re super excited about everything! You can’t wait for your bump to appear and to be able to feel your baby move. You can’t wait for that 12 week scan appointment so that you can see your baby for the first time AND so you can announce your excitement to the world! It really is the hardest secret to keep.
Then, you start getting morning sickness which lasts way longer than the morning and your clothes start to feel tight. Everything swells and you’re so tired and uncomfortable, you just don’t know what to do with yourself. And this is only the beginning.
You’re now approaching your last trimester and you’re getting a bit fed up. The absolute last thing that you want to be doing is having your photos taken. Am I right?
However, before you completely decide against it, here are 5 reasons why you should:
1. Pregnancy isn’t forever (although it really does feel like it at the time). I promise you, one day you really will look back and realise how truly amazing your body is.
2. This is a time for you. Book yourself in for a ‘you’ day. Get your hair and makeup done, then head over to me for a relaxing photo session. This may well be the last time that you get to have time to do something for yourself for a while, so make the most of it.
3. Invite your partner and child/ren along for the ride. Get them involved in your photos and make it a family day and update your family photo album. If you have dogs, then bring them too! These images will make the best gifts for the grandparents.
4. Boost your confidence. Right now, your confidence is probably at an all time low. You’re in new territory with a new and much bigger body than you’re used to. I promise you, a maternity photo session will make you feel so beautiful and empowered.
5. If this is the only or last time you’re going to be pregnant, then document it. One of my biggest regrets is not booking myself in for a session. I have one photo that a friend took and that’s it. I can’t physically remember being pregnant now and my daughter is only 2. I didn’t enjoy pregnancy and at the time, I didn’t ever want to remember it. We won’t be having any more children unfortunately and it makes me sad that I only have one phone shot to remember that time.
So there we are, 5 very good reasons to get yourself booked in for that not so scary maternity session 🙂
P.s. I only charge £99 for my maternity sessions which includes an hour session, full use of props and gowns AND 5 digital images. That’s a pretty good deal!
I get a lot of my photography inspiration from my lovely and very talented friend, Amy, based in Shropshire. She specialises in maternity and newborn photography too and has also written a blog about sitter sessions, please take a look 🙂